Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken in the Air Fryer is so delicious and juicy. This easy chicken pesto makes for a quick weeknight dinner!
- Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken in the Air Fryer
- ❤️ Why you’ll love this Easy Air Fryer Pesto Chicken
- ✳️ Tips & Tricks
- Tools to make this Easy Trader Joe’s Chicken Pesto in the Air Fryer
- How to make Pesto Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Stovetop Directions
- What to serve with Pesto Chicken
- How to store
- ♨️ How to reheat
- More Trader Joe’s Chicken Recipe
- More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Pin this recipe for later
- New Recipes to try
Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken in the Air Fryer
The other day, I went to Trader Joe’s and stocked up on all my favorites I couldn’t get here locally. They have many healthy pre-packaged foods, like this pesto chicken and their Trader Joe’s Shawarma Chicken Thighs and Trader Joe’s Spatchcock Chicken.
With so many easy and healthy options, it makes dinner so easy! Plus, you know how much I love my air fryer and Trader Joe’s. Going into the city only excites me because I get to go to Trader Joe’s every time.
❤️ Why you’ll love this Easy Air Fryer Pesto Chicken
- Quick and Easy Dinner – Have dinner ready and on the table in less than 20 minutes
- Meal Prep – This air fryer chicken pesto is excellent for meal prep! It warms up great!
- Trader Joes’s Pesto Chicken Breast – you’ll find this in the refrigerated section. They have so many healthy prepackaged chicken recipes to choose from.
✳️ Tips & Tricks
Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is 165F. Remove the chicken as soon as the timer goes off to ensure you don’t dry out the chicken.
Please wait 5 minutes before cutting into the chicken breast to ensure it stays juicy.
Tools to make this Easy Trader Joe’s Chicken Pesto in the Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer – this is my favorite air fryer. The large air fryer basket makes it so easy to cook your favorite recipes.
- Tongs – tongs are easiest to remove and flip the chicken
- Meat thermometer – You always want to ensure the internal temperature of ANY chicken is 165F.
How to make Pesto Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Remove the pesto chicken from the package and transfer it to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390F for 9 minutes, flip the chicken, and cook for another 9 minutes. Check and make sure the internal temperature reaches 165F
- Remove the chicken breast from the air fryer basket.
- Preheat pan over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of oil
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side. or until the internal temperature is 165F
- Remove the chicken from the stove top. Serve and enjoy.
What to serve with Pesto Chicken
If you’ve been here before, you know my GO-TO is this Instant Pot basmati rice. This recipe leaves the rice turning out amazing every time. I brag about this rice to everyone.
You can cook the rice at the same time the chicken is cooking! Just make sure your breaker can handle it!
You can also pair this pesto chicken with these Air Fryer Potatoes.
How to store
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze a meal for up to 3 months for meal prep.
♨️ How to reheat
Remove the lid from the container and microwave on high for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until the chicken is warm. Alternatively, you can transfer to a microwave save plate.
To warm this up in your air fryer, cook for 2-3 minutes at 400F.
What is pesto chicken made of?
Pesto chicken is chicken breast that has been marinated in a pesto sauce. A pesto sauce comprises basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, salt, red chile pepper, and black pepper.
Do you spray the basket in an air fryer?
With this recipe, it does not require any added fat to cook the pesto chicken.
More Trader Joe’s Chicken Recipe
If you are a Trader Joe’s lover like myself, add these items to your shopping list the next time you go.
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Brined Half Chicken
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Shawarma Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Kung Pao Chicken
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s BBQ Teriyaki Chicken
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
If you loved this pesto chicken in the air fryer, check out these other easy chicken air fryer recipes.
- Chicken Breast and Potatoes
- Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chicken Katsu
Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Trader Joe’s Pesto Chicken
- Transfer the chicken pesto into the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390F for 18 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Remove for Air Fryer basket and serve with favorite sides
Pin this recipe for later
New Recipes to try
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are the perfect side dish for those busy week day…
These Air Fryer Mini Chicken Tikka Samosas are a perfect side dish for an Indian…
These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders are a delicious appetizer! Perfect for tailgating, parties or…
This Air Fryer Peri Peri Chicken is delicious and easy to make. Have dinner ready…
This Air Fryer Italian Chicken Breast is perfect for meal prepping or a quick and…