This Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast is so flavorful. With just a few ingredients you will have dinner done in less than 30 minutes.
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast
- ❤️ Why you’ll love this easy air fryer recipe
- ✳️ Tips & Tricks
- Tools to make this Buffalo Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- How to make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast
- Oven Directions
- What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Breast
- How to store
- ♨️ How to reheat
- More Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken
- Pin this recipe for later
- New Recipes to try
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast
This buffalo chicken breast brought back memories of the Buffalo Chicken Tenders that I made the first week of starting this blog. If you loved those tenders, you’d surely love this buffalo chicken breast in the air fryer! I couldn’t stop there; I had to make buffalo EVERYTHING, Buffalo Chicken Thighs, and Buffalo Chicken Legs.
Buffalo chicken has grown into my weekly dinner recipes, so I had to add the kick to my freezer also for those busy weekday nights. Trader Joe’s Buffalo Chicken Poppers, and Tyson Boneless Chicken Bites Buffalo Style.
This buffalo chicken recipe isn’t terribly spicy. I used Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Tangy Buffalo Sauce, but if you like the heat feel free to use a spicier brand!
Adding buffalo sauce to your chicken is an easy way to switch things up! Just like I did with adding a homemade ranch seasoning to chicken breast in this Ranch Seasoned Chicken Breast.
❤️ Why you’ll love this easy air fryer recipe
- Budget Friendly – I buy the family pack of chicken breast at Aldi’s. They have been the cheapest per pound that I’ve been able to find
- Easy Recipe – There are only two ingredients, so this recipe is super easy!
- Meal prep – This buffalo chicken breast is the perfect idea for meal prep. It gives you a pop of flavor, so you don’t get bored with plain chicken breast every day for lunch. I served mine with green beans, and it was the perfect pair.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: I used boneless skinless chicken breast in this air fryer recipe, but use can use any cut of chicken that you prefer.
- Buffalo Sauce: I used Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Tang, so it’s not too spicy. You can also use a homemade buffalo sauce or your favorite store-bought brand.
✳️ Tips & Tricks
If you have a thick chicken breast, you may need to pound down the chicken breast to ensure an even cooking time. You can always butterfly the chicken breast if it’s super thick!
Always use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is 165F. Once the timer goes off take the chicken out of the air fryer so you don’t dry out the chicken.
Tools to make this Buffalo Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer – this is my favorite air fryer. The large air fryer basket makes it so easy to cook your favorite recipes.
- Basting Brush – This kitchen tool is perfect so you don’t have to get your hands dirty.
- Tongs – tongs are easiest to remove and flip the chicken legs
- Meat thermometer – You always want to make sure the internal temperature of ANY chicken 165
How to make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast
- Butterfly or pound your chicken so that they are evenly sized. Place the chicken breast onto a plate and brush the buffalo sauce onto the chicken breast. Making sure to get both sides.
- Transfer the chicken breast to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390F for 18 minutes, flipping halfway through. (you may add some extra buffalo sauce if you would like)
- Once the timer goes off, remove the chicken breast from the air fryer basket and serve.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Brush the chicken with the buffalo sauce.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken breast internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove and serve.
If you do not have chicken breasts, you may also use boneless skinless chicken thighs or your favorite chicken cut for this recipe.
What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Breast
How to store
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- For meal prep, you can freeze a meal for up to 3 months
♨️ How to reheat
Remove the lid from the container and microwave on high for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until the chicken is warm. Alternatively, you can transfer to a microwave save plate.
To warm this up in your air fryer, cook it for 2-3 minutes at 400F.
How does Buffalo chicken taste like?
It has a distinct tangy and spicy taste that you can adjust depending on your preference: mild, medium, or hot
More Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast Strips
- Air Fryer Chicken and Veggies
- Air Fryer Chicken Katsu
- Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Shake N Bake Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Honey Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Shredded Chicken
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Tangy
- Place the chicken breast onto a plate and brush the buffalo sauce onto the chicken breast. Making sure to get both sides.
- Transfer the chicken breast to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390F for 18 minutes flipping halfway through. (you may add some extra buffalo sauce if you would like)
- Once the timer goes off remove the chicken breast from the air fryer basket and serve.
Pin this recipe for later
New Recipes to try
These Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets come out golden, crispy, and juicy. Breaded chicken cutlets a…
This Air Fryer Katsu Chicken Sandwich is a delicious spin on a traditional Japanese food….
Air Fryer Pesto Chicken Breast is perfect for a quick dinner idea. With only a…
Are you looking for a simple but still amazing, Air Fryer Chicken Breast Strips Recipe?…
This Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken tastes just like it came from a Chinese…